Happy Halloween from the Peanuts Gang!
Schroeder, Lucy, Pig Pen, Linus, Charlie, Sally & Snoopy (oh! and Woodstock too)
Well folks, there you have it.
A frist for us.
Out of all the years we've been doing Halloween with these kiddos-
this was the first year we added ourselves to the group.
It wasn't in the plans until about a week ago Kurt came to me and said, "Mom...I don't think I want to dress up for Halloween this year." When I asked why he said, "Well- first of all, Charlie Brown and I are a lot alike except for one thing: he is kind of clumsy and I'm not. But the real reason I don't want to dress up is that I'm getting to be an adult now and adults don't really dress up for Halloween."
Eeeeekkk! Stab my Mother-Heart!
He is such an old soul I can't bear to see him grow up so fast. Every kid needs Halloween. They need the fun, the adventure, the chance to be someone they're not (or are!). I couldn't stand thinking that he didn't want a part of that anymore because most of the (sad and boring) adults around him didn't do it. And that was it. Luckily, there were still a few characters left for us (phew!) we asked his help (the piano was his idea) and the Peanuts Gang was born.
Charlie and Linus. Best friends. Just like in the movie.
I didn't know this until I watched the movie just the other day- but Sally Brown (Charlie's little sister) LOVES Linus! That was a fun little bonus. In fact, in the Peanuts movie, she calls him, "My sweet Baboo" at one point and Ava has taken it upon herself to call him that all week.
She's somewhat of a method actor.
When deciding on Cash's character, the kids thought at first he should be Schroeder. He loves to bang on our piano and he has blonde hair just like him. The more we thought about it though- the more they all decided Cash just HAD to be Pig Pen! I didn't have to look far to find the perfect outfit for him. And he loved every bit of it! He giggled every time we pulled it out.
Love this guy. Mud and all!
And Snoopy- well, he just loved crawling around and panting like a puppy. We even got to the point where we couldn't say the "P-word" or else he'd come after you barking and (yes) even licking your leg. He took his part VERY seriously, as you can tell.




No comments:
Post a Comment