Thursday, October 6, 2016

Our Creepy Friend

Thanks to their dad, my kids are not scared of much.  Well, most of them anyway.  
At our house we have seen lots of wildlife.  We have a daily infest of squirrels, chipmunks and roadrunners, but lately the list has included a skunk, a little raccoon and a badger!  I thought that was the top of the list until this little guy came to say hi. 


The kids ran in the house (they were all out riding bikes in the front with Dad while I was cleaning up dinner) saying, "Mom!  Come and see.  Dad found us a new pet!"  I knew just by that sentence alone that it was trouble. 


The trouble turned out NOT to be the spider- but just how much the kids loved holding him and playing with it.  I thought I was really going to have to say no to a new pet and possibly break their hearts. 


They all waited patiently (some not so patiently) to hold him. I didn't get a picture of Cash with him- (these are all still frames from the video) because inside I was silently screaming to myself!




"MOM!  He's fuzzy- and he tickles!"
Good grief.



Vance liked him, but when I asked "You have said that you really want a pet..." he laughed a nervous laugh and then asked, "really???"

No. NOT really!


I wasn't surprised that Ava wanted to hold it.  There is a reason we call her Ava-Brava after all!  
I was however very surprised at just how much she enjoyed it! 


Luckily Dad opted to put him back to "be with his family" (PHEW!!!) and Kurt and I both let out a collective sigh of relief.  At least this time we've dodged a bullet.  We may not be so lucky next time! 


No comments: