Monday, December 26, 2016

Pennsylvania Here We Come!

Maybe we’re crazy.  Maybe we are asking for it.  Or maybe- we thought this was a good idea months ago when we saw that our flyer miles were about to expire.  Either way- my darling husband and I are taking all 5 of our children (ages 2-7) to the Las Vegas airport (at 6am, mind you), and flying them for over 5 hours all the way to Grandpa and Grandma’s house in Pennsylvania.  

It was our gift to the kids.  We haven’t been back since I was pregnant with cash and the kids ask frequently when we get to go again.  This seemed like a good of time as any.  


The kids did great! All except the toddler who wanted nothing to do with sitting on my lap and considered the entire cabin his playground.  I was so proud of the other kids.  They were happy and helpful and listened quickly.  


Since we had 7 people and only 6 seats together, Vance offered to sit across the isle.  It might have had something to do with the fact that the other available seat was right next to a young couple and their dog, Felix.  So he got to play with dog most of the trip and every time I looked over, he was chatting with the couple and laughing and having a good time.  When we landed, I went over to them and thanked them for being so good to him.  They smiled and said they enjoyed him and as we left they all shared fist bumps and high-fives.





After a long day, we finally arrived at the Buffalo NY airport, and though it was raining and terribly cold, we were so happy to finally be there!

Hello, Pennsylvania.  It’s nice to see you again. 


No comments: