Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Ava's Babies

Sometimes I feel sad that my kids see me make so many things for other people, but only once in a while do I make something for them.  For the last few months as I've slowed down (largely thanks to not doing social media!) I have found much more opportunities to create special things- just for them.  


One day while cleaning out a closet, Ava found my baby carrier that I carry all my babies when they're little.  She asked if I could put it on her, and although it almost drowned her, she was insistent on wearing her baby in it.  That gave me an idea.  She came and picked out some fabric and helped me generate a pattern.  A quick look on Pinterest and a short nap later, it was done!  


It was honestly only about an hour project and the look on her face as she wears it around, it was worth every second!  She immediately started climbing trees (something she can't do while holding her babies) and helping me clean.  She says, "Is there anything you need me to do, Mom?  Cause I can do something with my two hands now that my baby is in here!"


Now she can always have her "girls" close enough to kiss.



Now if I can just pause time and let her carry her dolls, not thinking about one day her carrying her own babies in a carrier.  I'll make her anything she wants if it just keeps her little a bit longer! 



No comments: