If you ask any of the kids about their favorite thing about school, they'll tell you its the snacks. Sadly, yes this is most likely what they'll remember the most about our time in school :(
I try to give them a snack during the day since we start at 9:30 and go until 12 without a break (then again when the little ones sleep from 2:30-4:30). But it isn't very often that I break out the sugary snacks and use them as part of our activities.
Today we had two snack math activities going.
1- making 2D shapes
and 2- Using Saltine squares, Pretzel sticks and marshmallow bites to represent the ones, tens and hundreds in place value. It was so quiet while they worked (I told them they couldn't eat their work until they were all done). It makes me think that maybe I should bring snacks into their work more often!
Now that's what I call Yummy Math!
No comments:
Post a Comment