Thursday, September 15, 2016

Solid, Liquid, Gas

What fun we've had exploring states of matter this week!


As we dive into this fantastic unit, I love to see the excitement on their faces as they wonder "what's next?"  


I'm so thankful to have technology and amazing resources to teach this subject.  We have a few favorite YouTube videos and our own library of nonfiction books. The kids have loved researching the way the particles in solids, liquids and gasses are arranged.  


We even played the part of liquids, 


and Solids...

We did gases, but since they were all floating around and not anywhere near each other, 
it didn't make for a good photo :) Though I did have to shut the door as some of our gas particles were trying to float out into the hall! 

During the week we did some investigations with solids and liquids and gases.  


Once the unit was done we took our left over balloons and played around with gases (like air) outside.  I tend to forget that play is such an important part of learning. 
 I need to just let them explore on their own more often!  








We had so much fun playing with "the good kind of gas" :) 





No comments: