This weekend was this little Darling's baptism.
The kids and I drove with Memaw to Colorado for the celebration and what fun we had!
I was privileged to give the talk on the Holy Ghost for her and the other two getting baptized. I always love getting the chance to teach kids. For whatever reason, I feel more at home when I'm talking with them then with any other age group (it's most likely because we're on the same level :)
We love this family!
We had a great weekend with family. Besides the baptism, we attended church together, watched Hailey's volleyball game and Ethan's football game. We grilled out on the BBQ and spent time at our vacation rental (we couldn't pull the kids away from the play set!)
I took Hailey to get groceries with me and I was reminded of how much I love her! She always keeps me laughing and is so insightful and MUCH MUCH older than her years. I look forward to many more Aunt and Niece dates with her!
Brooke and Addie were both so good taking care of my kiddos. There were a lot of rooms and things to get into in the house we rented, but I was calm knowing that those girls were there.
They read to them, played games with them and were the best babysitters I could have ever asked for. When I was headed to the store and Grandma and Aunt Veva were going to watch the kids, I asked Addie and Brookie to be the babysitters, since sometimes 5 kids is a lot for Grandma and Aunt Veva to have to watch. As I left, Addie said, "You can trust us, Aunt Jamie. You made the right choice!"
Isn't that the truth!?
We had nightly book readings with Mema (priceless!)
And much needed cousin time!
As we walked down and played at the park, I couldn't help but think about not so long ago that the "big" Cox kids were once the size of my Littles and I remember tagging them along to parks and rides. Now I get choked up as I watch them take my little ones hands and watch over them. Time sure is moving fast these days!
The last day of our trip I told all the kids to go and do their favorite thing one more time before we got in the car. It was no surprise that they all ran out to the play set and got as much play time as they could before we headed back.
They even found a new friend!....
"Mom! Do we have those kind of caterpillars where we live- or are they Colorado caterpillars?"
Crazy little crew of mine!
Incidentally- I know what Grant wants for Christmas-
Kale and Kohl, he takes after you!!
Thanks for a great weekend, Cox Family!
We love you and hopefully we can do it again soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment