Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Community Helpers

We are learning about Community Helpers this week.  I know I sound like a broken record, but one of the reasons I love Homeschool is that not only do we get to dive into certain subjects depending on how much we need to, but that most subjects the kids get to see again year after year and so we can go further because their prior knowledge of the subject is much greater.  

We first talked about what type of community helpers they see in our neighborhood. 
Then we looked at photos and videos of our last field trips- 
last year to the firehouse, 






And the veterinarian the year before. 


We read books, role played different community helpers and scenarios, 
as well as filled out some job applications.  

We also have an appointment scheduled for the dentist this week, 
in the mean time check out the kids as different jobs....








No comments: